Tuesday, March 6, 2012

New Hat for Evie

I got a little bored working on an afghan over the weekend so I decided to crochet a new hat for Evie, my granddaughter who lives in England.  I was inspired by a cap pattern in the July 1993 issue of Golden hands Monthly Magazine.  I did a variation on the flowers but did use the basic hat pattern in the magazine article.  The pattern size was for an average 4 year old.

Henry, my 4 year old grandson agreed to model the hat for the 2 pictures for this blog post.  He is a real trooper but he did tell me that when I make him one, he wants it to be blue and that I cannot put flowers on it!  He picked out the blue yarn from my yarn stash and I promised him there would be no flowers!  The picures are below.

 I put some light pink, purple and clear beads in the centers of all the flowers to add a little sparkle.

I am excited to take it to Evie when Jerry and I visit in April.

Happiness to everyone this week!

8 comments:

  1. I love your flowers on it! Your grandson is a real trooper. I don't thing there is anyway I could convince my nephews to model a flowered hat for me. He is such a confident young man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andi,
      Thanks for your response and for becoming a follower. I really appreciate it. Yes, Henry is a real trooper....Have a glorious week!

      Delete
  2. this is gorgeous! you have very lucky grandchildren :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jutta,
      It is always so nice to hear from you. Thanks so much for viewing the post. You will have lucky grandchildren also...and beautiful ones. Hope this has been a glorious week for you!

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty...Evie's going to love it! Thanks for modeling, Henry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica,
      Thanks .......That Henry is such a good sport. He was really concerned though about his not having flowers on it:):)....Can't wait to see you!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE the flowers! So pretty! Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, Thanks so much for your comment on the hat. I really appreciate it. I would love for you to join my blog. Thanks for hosting the Terrific Tuesdays!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!