What a lovely surprise this morning.... I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award........
Thank you so much Jutta......she has an amazing blog Creative Chaos......and I am very honored. Jutta has just posted a beautiful Spring Wreath. She often creates from her natural surroundings with great creativity.
So now I must answer the following 7 questions which will be a challenge for me.
1. Who or what inspires you the most?
I am most inspired to keep being creative by memories of my mother, aunt and neighborhood women. They sewed, gardened, canned food, made cakes and pies from scratch, hung up the laundry on clotheslines...I often think of them as I sew, crochet, knit, garden. I do make apple pies from scratch....
2. What is the best part of your day?
I always enjoy the day the most after having breakfast, cleaned, put in laundry, exercised, and can start sewing or another creative project.
3. What is your favorite childhood memory?
We lived in a rural area and made weekly trips to the library where we would get lots of books to read. I remember laying on the couch reading books and my mom would gently rub my arm...it kind of tickled and felt so comforting.
4. What is the best gift you have ever received?
My wedding ring.
5. If you could have dinner with any famous person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
Edith (Seville) Schaeffer ..She has lived such an interesting life with her husband Francis and wrote some wonderful books that really influenced my to make a home for others to feel welcome in. She had a lot of wisdom and insight.
6. What is something new that you have learned in the last month?
Not necessarily new, but I have been reminded by many situations to once again pursue to enjoy each day to its fullest.
7. What is something that you wish you could do one day but haven't tried yet?
Make a lemon meringue pie from scratch....
Now, I would like to nominate the following blogs for this award:
*********So Thankful *********