Sunday, March 11, 2012

Mandoline Slicer and Homemade Potato Chips

After reading post from Jessica at Sunny Stitching named Chips, I was excited to make them.  Just looking at her photo made my mouth water!

I rushed to Walmart and purchased one but when I got it out of the box, there were no instructions and lots of blades!  I decided to research the different Mandoline Slicers and finally decided not to jump in too deep with my purchase and found one by OXO at Williams-Sonoma with three adjustable settings and only cost $14.95.  It can be used handheld or over a bowl.


Side note:  I love the artistic look of the two mosaic tables in our kitchen.  I got them from a small cafe that was closing with 2 chairs each some years back...a huge impulsive decision for me but I have not regretted it at all! Here's a quick photo:)


Back to the chips.  I followed the tutorial on Jessica's blog and the chips came out fantastic.  I used 4 small russet potatoes which proved to make plenty of chips for all of us.  The Mandoline Slicer worked fantastic and we had a great dinner.  Our friends came over and we had a picnic dinner:  Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Green Salad, Potato Salad that Liz made, and the Potato Chips.

We watched a good movie called Courageous and enjoyed the Flower Sugar Cookies I made Friday.

I tell you, these homemade potato chips were the hit of the evening...not one left!

3 comments:

  1. mmm - they look yummy. I want some now - blamimg you! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have to blame sunnystitching!...not me although I have to keep from making them every day!...really enjoyed your post about the craft kit.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Choose a blade material. The blades are usually ceramic or steel. Ceramic keeps its edge longer and doesn't rust.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!