Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Blue Hat, Knitted

This past year i started taking knitting lessons at our local Michaels Crafts Store.

I had knitted in the past but really needed a tune-up on my skills.  The teacher, Mary was fabulous and with her help my confidence has grown. 

I would say I am still a beginner but did venture out to make this pretty blue hat from some yarn in my stash (that I am trying to use up).  I used a pattern from Joannes Web on You Tube
The written directions are in the "Show More" link under the video.  It is always so nice of crafters to share free patterns and "how to's".

It was a joy to make and I do plan to make more from this pattern.  It is very stretchy and fits very well.  I used a worsted weight yarn but lost the label.  I do buy Vanna White yarn often so it may be from her line of yarn.
 



I am thankful for crafters who share .......freely....

5 comments:

  1. Great job! I love knitted projects. I should head over to my local craft store and start taking lessons. I'm thinking since I crochet, it can't be too much different.
    Would love if you shared this at our Yarn Fanatic Link Party - http://eyeloveknots.blogspot.com/2015/02/yarn-fanatic-linky-party-25-buttons-and.html.
    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on your hat. Congratulations. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above's Link Party. Look for the new party up tonight.
    Have a great week.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, Kay!!! I haven't knitted for years. Perhaps it's time to dig out the knitting needles again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hat looks great! Bring it to England...it's still pretty chilly here!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!