Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ruffled Up Onesies

Ever since seeing the cute onesie on the Kerr-afty Creations blog several months ago, I have been wanting to make a couple of them.  Finally purchased some onesies at the local 99 Cent Store  here in town along with a purple t-shirt top to make the ruffles for one of them.  I had outgrown a pink t-shirt and used it for the onesie with the polka dots.

I followed the steps outlined on the Kerr-afty Creations blog and thoroughly enjoyed making them.
Pink t-shirt that I cut off at the bottom to make the skirt for the onesie which is a 9-12 months size.  You can see at the top where I cut the strips for the ruffles and I cut off the end of the sleeve on the right side (as you look at the photo) to make the flower.  Photo of the finished cute onesie is below.......
The change I made was to sew the top ruffle be in-between the sleeves instead of going all the way around.  The second ruffle does go all the way around the onesie.
Here is a close-up of the flower.  I used embroidery thread to make french knots on a piece that I put inside the flower to have a finished look.

Of course, had to make the purple one.  The onesie is actually a really pale lavender but looks more white in the photo.  I tacked a strip of the purple t-shirt fabric on the front of the skirt and tied it in a bow.  This onesie is a size 6-9 months.
They will go in the treasure chest of children's clothes I have made for future use!.....So fun to make.

There are some great tutorials and creations on the Kerr-afty blog....Thanks to Justine for sharing them, especially this cute onesie idea.

Joy comes from sewing ...and giving.

14 comments:

  1. These outfits are beautiful!
    Pink is still my favorite color (and purple) and I wish I could wear it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello dear Kay. i know i commented on your gorgeous onesies but cant see my comment... maybe it has to be approved first. in any case, if it disappeared somewhere between Africa and the States: they are really lovely, makes me want to have a baby again (kind off at least :-) ).
    cyberhugs to you
    love
    jutta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank for linking up to Show Your Stuff! It starts on Fridays, but I usually have it up Thursday evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute...wish Evie was still a baby so she could have one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute addition to those onesies! So pretty!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super duper cute! They would make great shower gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! found you on a round tuit party.

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty. Where can I get them? I'm surely interested with a piece or two for my kid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful. The purple one is my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them!! Thanks so much for linking back to my blog! I love the bow on the purple one I just might have to make another one for my baby girl. I think they turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that is just too cute! Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute -- love the pink with the polka dots! Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy. Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So, so cute! Thanks for linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/05/show-your-stuff-24-bread-machine-banana.html

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!