Sunday, May 27, 2012

One Hippo and Two Turtles

This past week I decided to crochet some smaller projects and had so much fun crocheting these cute creatures......Lourdes the Preppy Hippo and Striped Turtles.

I started the Hippo back in April when we were in England visiting our daughter's (otherwise know as sunnystitching) family.  My cute granddaughter Evie was so excited about it as was her brother Canaan.  I finally finished this one which is for Evie.  I will start Canaan's in a few days.
Lourdes the Preppy Hippo
A Closeup of Lourdes' Beautiful Flower
The pattern for Lourdes the Preppy Hippo is in this book called Cute Little Animals by Amy Gaines.
Front Cover

I found the pattern for the turtles here. You will need to scroll down the page to find the Turtle Pattern, but the trip is so enjoyable.....there are so many cute creatures to greet you along the page:):)  Of course, I will make at least 2 more of these turtles for my other granddaughter Corey and her brother Henry.  Corey wants a purple/yellow one and Henry wants his blue/yello like Canaan's.
This pink turtle is waiting for a hug from Evie:):)
I bet this blue turtle wants to be friends with Canaan:):)


I really never thought I would get "hooked" on crocheting these little amigurimis (well, I would call Lourder Hippo little) but guess what!....."Never say Never"...they are so fun to make!

Crocheted with love and Given with love

11 comments:

  1. Oh my word! I really really like these, especially the turtles!! Any chance you would make one to sell after you've made them for your grandkids?? They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute little animals! love the turtles especially!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute, especially the turtles...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, i love the little turtels!!! they are so pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so sweet,thanks so much for ( trying) to link up to Creative Mondays,still not sure why the images are not working but managed to link you up for the minute and will keep trying to get your image up asap :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh all linked up now,think linky tools was down,just to let you know I've also pinned these too :)

      Delete
  6. Those are too cute! I've made a few little creatures for my kids and they are so fun to make - and the best part they don't take too long. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. sooo ADORABLE!!! I adore the turtles!!!

    Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omigosh, I love those turtles! They are so cute!! My daughter would flip for them! Thanks for sharing and I am a new follower!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute are those!!! LOVE them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/06/show-your-stuff-27.html

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!