Friday, March 20, 2015

Fleece Vests for the Grandkids

My daughter in England requested some fleece vests for her children Canaan and Evie (two of my precious grandchildren:))  Several years back I made them for Canaan and Henry (another precious grandson) for Christmas...click here to see.  Of course, I was delighted to make more!


New Blue Vests


Canaan and Evie wanted blue fleece.  Henry is into camouflage so I found some great Camo fleece for him.  I do most of my shopping at our local Joann Fabric store.  Click here to see more of Henry's Vest!

I used the following pattern that I had used previously.  It is easy to follow and instructions for sewing in the zipper are made simple.  The vest in this pattern is a little short to their liking, so I added length to it.  I had to remember to also add the length to the facing and get a longer parka separating zipper than the pattern called for.  I ordered the blue zipper and lavender zipper from Zipper Shipper . The lengths needed for the zippers were not standard and at Zipper Shipper they cut according the length needed.  They also have a nice choice of colors.

Here are photos that show how pretty the lavender zipper looks against the blue making it look more feminine and the blue zipper looking so great on Canaan's.

Below are more photos of the vests as modeled Evie and Canaan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Pretty obvious I  "LOVE" sewing for my grandkids!






3 comments:

I would love to hear your comments!