Friday, March 6, 2015

Henry's Flannel PJ's

Every year I sew flannel pajamas for our grandsons.  This year, however, only Henry wanted flannel ones.  Canaan wanted fleece ones which are in another post.

I give them to the grandkids at Christmas but since could only recently start back to posting, blogging:)  wanted to share them now.

Henry is into camoflauge so I really hoped our local Joann Fabrics store would have that print in fannel.  Thank goodness Jerry went with me ....we looked and looked and he found some!!!! It had the perfect colors for Henry so I purchased 3 yards which is what I usually would buy for pj's.

Got home, all excited to wash, dry, cut out and start sewing....only to find because Henry has gotten taller that I needed more fabric to adjust length of shirt and pants to be longer.  I guess we bought the last bit of it and Joanns was not longer carrying it in stores or online.  Then, I decided to look online and found an etsy store in Arizona that had some. Was extremely thankful.  Arizona is close and the fabric arrived so quickly.


My very sweet, very fun and very handsome Henry!

I used the pattern below:  New Look 6746
New Look  6746 


Close up of fabric
The great thing is I have enough fabric left over to make hopefully another pair of pj pants and will purchase a solid for the top { or who know, maybe vice versa:)}

I simply love sewing ...... especially for grandsons!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!