Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Polka Dot Pj Pants!

Corey is my beautiful and fun 12 year old granddaughter.  I used to make her flannel nightshirts but as she got older she decided she liked to wear oversize t-shirts.  I can't blame her for that....oversize t-shirts are comfortable!!!

So this year I wanted to make her some pajama pants and learn to make them from a cotton knit.  I ordered the fabric from Fabric.Com, Inc (USA).  It was white with turquoise polka dots and Corey gave her approval for the fabric.  The polka dots are a nice large happy size.

The delimma was that I had to make my own pattern.  She had a pair of similar pj pants that we bought for her so she let me keep them to make a pattern from.  I used paper on a roll that we had purchased from Ikea for the kids to use to do crafts with.  It was perfect.  I did not have time to take pictures of this process, but basically fold pants in half for front inseam and trace around them ...and then do same for back inseam.

Some sites that have tutorials for this are Riley Blake Designs and Golden Leaf Designs.  I did sew a side seam since the ones I used for a guide had a side seam which made my pattern different since did not use fold for side seam.  There are definitely more tutorials online.

Yes....she is definitely excited about them!

Corey, you are so nice, beautiful and lots of fun!

I am so excited to make more for her!
 I love you Corey!

1 comment:

I would love to hear your comments!