Monday, February 11, 2013

Beautiful Valentine Cards

I wanted to encourage my grandchildren Corey and Henry to make some Valentine Cards about a week ago.  I had been inspired by my daughter Jessica when she posted on her very creative blog the Valentine Cards she made with her children (also my grandchildren:)). Click here to see her post and here to get instructions to make the cards.

I purchased a package of blank cards from Michael's Art and Craft Store. Also bought some new crayons and watercolor paints from our local Walmart. The cards from Michael's are so great...there are 50 cards and envelopes in a pack.  I use them regularly.  They were on sale the day I purchased them but if they are not on sale, I usually use a discount coupon.

My husband Jerry who teaches a Special Education class (ages 8-11 years old) in a local elementary school is going to have his students make these this week.  It really is a great project for kids.

Corey, Henry and I had so much fun making these cards.  I just addressed the envelopes and they will be mailed tomorrow!

 Here are Corey and Henry with two of their favorite cards.

 As you can tell we had fun also taking the photos.

 I sure love these two ....Corey, so fun and artistic...

.... Henry, so tender hearted and happy.
 The beautiful Valentine Cards.

I love you Corey and Henry.......Love Nanny

6 comments:

  1. Adorable cards - and grandkids :) Thanks for linking up to The Weekly Creative!

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought some like this also. My granddaughter loves making cards from thee. it's nice the envelope is there also. Thanks for linking to What to do Weekends. Hope you come back every week with your creative stuff! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. So important to keep those crucial grandkid supplies on hand. Just look what they did with them. Adorable -- and such happy smiles. Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grandbabies' cards are beautiful! Thanks for sharing your post with us at Eco-Kids Tuesday. Hope to see you back today! http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2013/02/melt-my-heart-eco-kids-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are adorable & love the handmade cards. Hope you get to drop in & linkup again. Thanks for sharing @ DearCreatives.com Inspiration Spotlight Hope your having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful cards!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!