Tuesday, March 3, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Dress

As I mentioned in previous post St. Patrick's T-Shirt, I was having trouble finding holiday socks to send to my two grandchildren in England .  So at last minute I went to our local Joanns Fabric store and purchased some green knit fabric to make a t-shirt and dress to send them.  I did get some socks for each of them there, but think the socks will possible be too big.

For Evie's dress/tunic I had the pattern to use and used the version you see on it as the green tunic/dress with pink heart.  I used the size 6. ....



Below are some photos of the one I sewed.  I did elect to not put any four leaf clover, etc applique on it so, if Evie wants, she can wear it at other times.  The pattern was a little too short, soI had to alter it in length and think I did not do it in the right place, so, of course next one I make I will alter differently.  I do like to learn as I go.:)))




Happy St. Patrick's Day, Evie.......I love you!

4 comments:

  1. That is precious! I'm sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea to make the dress so it still fits the theme, but can be worn at other times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable also. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above's Link Party.
    Have a great week.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!